July 02, 2011

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion


Prior to discovering this product, I used to use the lotion that my dermatologist would prescribe me. It is quite pricey at Php500 for 100ml. Since I had to apply it twice a day all over my body, the tube would just last barely a month. I find it expensive for me since I have to use it for a long time to keep my eczema under control plus I also spend on other skin care products. My aunt abroad then decided to send me a couple of bottles of Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion to try since that’s what my cousin, who also suffers from eczema, uses as her lotion.       


(picture taken from Aveeno's website)


It has natural colloidal oatmeal which was perfect since my previous lotion contained that ingredient too. I would have to say that this is not a treatment for healing eczema rather it works to prevent it. I used this cream (which I shamelessly forgot the name of) to treat existing eczema but that was way back in high school when my eczema was full blown. I don’t get new patches of itchy, flaky skin anymore so there is no need for me to use that cream, so hence I forgot what it’s called.

Going back to the product, this lotion is fragrance-free which is very good for people with eczema or sensitive skin. It claims to moisturize for 24 hours but I don’t think it really does but nonetheless Aveeno does an awesome job moisturizing the skin (actually even better than the lotion I used before). Another great thing about the product is that it’s not too thick and sticky which doesn’t make skin feel heavy and greasy. Yay for that!

I am using this lotion twice a day. I have used about 8- 532ml bottles of this lotion up to date. A bottle typically lasts about 3 months with daily use so it’s a lot cheaper than my previous lotion that my derma prescribed me (don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to bash my derma it’s just that who doesn’t want to save some moolah). It is available locally and I have seen this product at Shopwise and selected Watson’s stores. The price at Watson’s  MOA is around Php850 if I remember correctly which is not so bad since it can last for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment