July 13, 2011

Oilatum Shower Gel



My other aunt sent a couple of tubes of Oilatum Shower Gel for me to use for my eczema a couple of months ago. The main ingredient of this product is light liquid paraffin and it is supposed to soothe and moisturize skin all the while relieving it of itchiness and irritation caused by eczema. I think you can also use this too if you have dry skin. It’s fragrance-free and can be both used by children and adults.

To use this shower gel, first wash up using the regular soap that you use. (In my case, I just use the good ole Dove White Beauty Bar. I’ve been using that soap since my high school years. I do try other soaps when I get bored with Dove but I always go back to using it anyways). Then after doing so, use a small amount of Oilatum Shower Gel onto the dry areas of the body or parts affected with eczema and massage it for a bit. Rinse the area/s, pat dry, and you’re good to get out of the shower. This is a non-foaming shower gel. I find it a bit weird because of course I expect shower gels to lather up. I’m not going to complain though as it keeps my skin from flare-ups. (Hmm I guess non-foaming washes are effective on me. First, Benzac for my acne and now Oilatum for my eczema!) I would suggest taking it easy when it comes to application since too much of the gel can make your skin look and feel greasy. A little goes a long way and a tube would last a couple of months. I’m currently on my third tube now.

I don’t know though if this shower gel is available locally but I know we have Oilatum soap here. I have also tried the soap in the past and it is a good product too.

If you’re looking for something that would help you with eczema or dry skin, this product might be of help to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment