July 20, 2011

Carmex Original Flavor Moisturizing Lip Balm



Price Php100
Size 7.5g


I have dry lips and I suffer easily from chapped lips to wind burns. After searching the internet for a good and inexpensive lipbalm, I found out about Carmex and decided to purchase it based on the positive reviews I have read. It is available in 3 kinds of packaging: the one on the squeezable tubes, sticks, and jars. I chose to buy the one on the jar as it contains the most product out of three, all at the same cost. (the most bang for my buck) The ones on the stick packaging contain 4g of product but it has SPF 15 though.

Smell
It smells menthol-y which sort of reminds me of the smell of Vicks Vapor Rub. Some people may shy away from the product because of the smell but to me I don’t really mind the scent. I actually like it.

Consistency

It is waxy and slightly thick.

Verdict
I’ve been using this twice a day for over six months and my pot is still half-full. I love the cool, tingly feeling when I apply it. It does a good job in moisturizing my lips however there are times when it’s moisturizing capabilities are not enough for my lips (it happens rarely so it’s almost negligible ). I think the only thing lacking in this product is SPF. I’m guilty of not having any lip products with SPF (I know it's bad) but when I finish this pot, I’d probably purchase the Carmex Original stick with SPF 15.

2 comments:

  1. my lips tend to dry and chap too. Maybe I'll try Carmex after I've finished with my current lip balm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lipbalm are you currently using? Let me know what you think of Carmex when you try it. :)

    ReplyDelete