July 21, 2011

Olay Total Effects Ultra Nourishing Shower Cream + Body Butter

Price:Php 250  BOGO
Size: 295ml
The breakdown
Php 0.42 cents per ml




     We live in the tropics and when it's summer time we experience twice the heat. Our skin suffers from the scorching heat making our skin extra dry. My skin is no exception so when I went out and saw this bottle of Olay marked with ultra nourishing I immediately grabbed one as my skin needs the nourishment and it's also a good deal considering it's buy one, get one. 

The smell
     I can't describe the scent but all i can say is that It smells divine. 

The consistency
     It has a thick cream consistency with a bit of sheen to it. Definitely not your ordinary shower gel. Oh yeah that's why they call it a shower cream plus body butter, no less. 

The verdict
     It's rich and thick and at the same time it lathers pretty well. I wasn't expecting that but anyway it's a plus for me since I like my products to lather well.  This product did nourish my skin as my skin did not feel tight after having it washed out.  I love it! I gave the other bottle to my mom so she could test the 7-in-1 anti-aging claims of the product. Heck even if this doesn't have any anti-aging claims, it's still worth buying. It's perfect for the summer and for people with dry skin. But even though summer is already over, I still continue to use this body cream to pamper my body. 




Final thoughts

     My only gripe with this product is that the printed year in the bottle is 2009 and I'm hoping that this is the manufacturing date and not the expiry date otherwise I would have used an expired product (that is, assuming that the product's shelf life is two years) maybe that's why they have it on buy one take one promo.

7 comments:

  1. I have been using this Nourishing cream for the past 1-2 months and I think it works really good for my skin.I have aggregate skin, my skin is oily but I do get random dry patches abnormally during the winter. I think this Nourishing cream helps balance my skin better.

    Tummy Tuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that this product works well on you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our skin suffers from extreme heat to make the skin very dry. This product does not nourish my skin as my skin did not feel tight after it has been washed away.

    christian counseling

    ReplyDelete
  4. bought the same (well not *the* same same. mine was extra nourishing, and the 532ML bottle) product and buy 1 take 1 din. we have the same expiry date (and yung last six digits nung second line nung code), so i googled and i found this:

    http://ukconsumers.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11074/p/657/session/L3NpZC9Lb0FYZUhCaw%3D%3D

    hope it helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's still in the market (mercury drugstore) ive bought it last sat. Ive been using it.ok nman. Maganda s skin.worry ko lang bka magkaron ng side effect sa akin. 2009 pa kc ung manufacturing date. Diba dapat within 2yrs lang ok gamitin ang product

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wondering why this Olay product cannot find in any of the store in Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete