August 08, 2011

St. Ives Skin Firming Lotion



It was March then and I was on the lookout for a product that would help me make my stomach and thighs look firmer and more toned just in time for the summer so that’s how I stumbled upon this lotion. St. Ives Skin Firming lotion claims to deliver visibly firmer skin in 2 weeks. Furthermore, it claims to have exclusive Nutrifirm Complex of seaweed extracts, green algae and collagen and elastin proteins which help visibly improve skin elasticity and restore skin firmness. The huge 18 fl oz pump bottle only costs Php220 which is pretty darn inexpensive compared to the same sized bottle of Aveeno which costs around Php850. St. Ives Skin Firming Lotion is formulated without parabens and pththalates.

The lotion has a fresh and light scent to it which I love. It’s consistency is neither too thick nor runny. It spreads easily on the skin and leaves a cool feeling after applied. For a firming lotion, it does a decent job in moisturizing the skin but is nowhere near the moisturizing properties of Aveeno. (I know, I’m such a hardcore Aveeno fan). Anyway what I’m after for this lotion is the firming part and not the moisturizing part of it. How does it fair on that department you may ask? Well I was disappointed with it since I’ve seen no visible firming of my stomach and thighs. I’ve applied this lotion twice a day for the past four months and my skin looked like it did prior to using this lotion.         

No comments:

Post a Comment