August 03, 2011

Neutrogena Fine Fairness Deep Whitening Mask

Price Php990 per box which contains 5 pieces of mask
Size 30g per mask
Price Breakdown Php 198 per mask


The Story
     I have always wanted to try this product because of the many raves of beauty bloggers both here and abroad however I find the price too prohibitive to actually purchase one. There’s always the risk of this product not working on me and that’s a little less than Php1000 down the drain (and that thought makes me cringe). How I just wish that we can purchase it per piece instead of committing to buying a whole box to see whether it works for us or not since Php 198 is less cringe inducing that Php 990 anyway.

     So I went to the mall, went to the Neutrogena counter and picked up a box. The funny thing is that I put the box back to the shelf not once… but twice. I tried to distract myself by checking out the other beauty products but I find myself going back to the Neutrogena counter picking the same box and putting it back on the shelf then doing the same routine again until I finally headed down the cashier. Bottom line, I ended up buying it otherwise this review wouldn’t be made possible.

     I’m pretty happy with my Aztec Secret healing mask which costs less than Php500 a tub and lasts about half a year or more on me. Though I know that Aztec Secret and this Neutrogena mask are different since well the latter is a whitening mask whereas the former is a deep cleansing mask.  I haven’t tried any whitening masks before so curiosity got the best of me.

The Verdict
     15 minutes have passed but I decided to let it stay for one more minute. The mask felt so good on my face that I wanted to sleep with the mask on. After another minute, came the big reveal. I took the mask off and massaged my face. I took a good look at my face on the mirror, there wasn’t any major change in terms of skin tone but my skin felt really hydrated and fresh. I’ve read on other reviews that after the night they’ve put on the mask, their faces would be glowing the next morning. True enough when I woke up the next morning, my face was indeed a little brighter and hydrated however the effect didn’t last for the whole day. I guess this product is good to use when you have a date or an event to go to as after all this mask leaves the face a little brighter (don’t expect the mask to do anything drastic) and well hydrated for the day.
I’ve used up the whole box already. I used it once a week. I definitely liked the product but I don’t think I would shell out that much money for it since adding a little more amount to your Php198 can afford me a basic facial at the salon already. I would happily buy it if it were 50 bucks a piece though. I know I’m such a cheapskate but that’s the most I can shell out for a mask. 

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm a cheapskate too 'cause I won't buy this one. LOL. It's just too expensive for me I guess, and I'm not really into whitening. Hehehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was just curious about this product that's why I ended up buying it. :)

    ReplyDelete