September 01, 2011

Lush Silky Underwear

I've been really curious about Lush ever since my cousin told me how great their products were. She especially loves their shampoo bars. To add to the curiosity, I've also seen YouTube videos about reviews. I've even browsed their website an take a mental note of what I'd like to try out.
After sometime I finally gave in and visited a nearby Lush store. I was trying to be a savvy shopper at the time and took note of the stuff that I  still have with me before proceeding to the store. I still had 2 bars of soap so Lush soaps would be a pass, I still had 3 bottles of shower gels so it's also a pass, I still have a bottle of shampoo, conditioner, and treatment so they're all a pass. FinalIy I still had 2 bottles of lotions too so again another pass. (it looks like I wouldn't be able to buy anything at Lush at the moment but it hit me I don't have any dusting powder of any sort so I wanted to get one). I already have the Silky U
nderwear in my list of things I'd like to try from Lush.


It was $11.95 on the website and I honestly didn't know how much it was in peso when I went there. It turns out that Lush Silky Underwear retails at Php495 and you get 100g of product. That's really pricey for me to think that the main ingredient of this product is cornstarch but I ended up buying it anyways.

What I love about this product is the scent. It has a jasmine scent and I love florals however the scent seems to fade away quickly. I would have loved it if the scent lingered longer (it would have at least justified the price a little). Another thing I like about this is that it has cocoa butter. The shop assistant told me to apply this on my legs if I have difficulty pulling up skinny jeans.... I was skeptical but nonetheless I put some on my thighs and legs then tried to put on my skinniest jeans and lo and behold it went on without difficulty, amazing I tell you! I also love the packaging it looks so sleek and modern.
I love that it reduces the greasy appliance of the skin if I overapplied Oilatum.
I been putting this on after I lotion my body in the morning and at night. It's all good since I didn't have any bad reaction slash allergy with the product. What irks me a lot is the messiness leaving white traces of powder on the floor on my clothing but of course that should be expected since well it's powder.
I have to say it leaves up to it's name. My skin felt so silky that I sometimes mindlessly touch it because of the silkiness it brings. (I don't know if ordinary powder can also do that since I've not tried that yet)

Overall I really liked it but I wouldn't probably repurchase. I don't see this as a necessity  it's actually more of an indulgent product to have. The price is basically the main prohibitive point. (though I'd probably repurchase this if it were on sale for 50% off :)

I'd like to try out other Lush products in the future. What lush products do you like that you can recommend me?

No comments:

Post a Comment