September 23, 2011

Lush NEW Shampoo Bar

Hi guys! I apologize for being MIA. I was busy for the past couple of days but now I'm back for another product review.


I picked up a Lush shampoo bar since I couldn’t contain my curiosity about them anymore. The sales assistant suggested this New shampoo bar since my concern was hair fall at the moment. When I first smelt this at the store, I didn’t really quite like the scent so I was hesitant to buy it. Anyway, I ended up purchasing it. The New Shampoo Bar costs Php425 for 1.9g. It’s pretty pricey if you ask me but I guess the price of curiosity is expensive.


Lush New Shampoo Bar is a stimulating spice shampoo. It has:

Clove and peppermint oils to motivate tired scalps.

Help treat hair loss with cinnamon, clove and bay oils. When stress or life goes to your head, this shampoo will encourage hair growth and stimulate scalps. It's intense, but works a treat on irritated scalps or hair that's thinning.

Herbs for softness.

Rejuvenate hair with rosemary and nettle to make hair shiny and soft.

Nettle and peppermint

Nettle and peppermint stimulate the scalp and the hair follicles.


Eventually upon a couple days of use, the scent just grew on me and I didn’t have anymore issues with the smell of the bar. I love that it lathers oh so well. I enjoy rubbing it on my hair and massaging it on my scalp. It does a good job in cleaning the hair however it is really drying. After use, a heavy conditioner is a must.   I probably got carried away and over do the shampooing as I enjoy the lather of the shampoo bar. I feel like my current conditioner is not enough to bring back the lost moisture of my hair after shampooing so I might try a new conditioner after I finish the one I currently use. Or it could be that this shampoo bar is really harsh and not suited for every other day use. It did help me on the hair fall but it didn’t really stop my hair fall completely. I still have a couple of strands falling out here and there.

***
I had my sister use it recently and she also said that it was too drying that it took her numerous applications of conditioner to make her hair soft again. She said it is like an overly priced detergent (a.k.a. bareta).Hmm I don’t think I would be repurchasing this when I run out which would be a very long time from now since I have a lot left of this shampoo bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment