September 27, 2011

Beauty Blabber: Miscellaneous Tips for Acne Prone Skin

Hi Guys! I hope you all are doing fine despite the bad weather. I was able to find time this week to write a new post for this blog and it's all about skincare (as always!). 


For today I'd like to talk about some of the things I do to keep my skin from breaking out. Aside from the usual healthy eating and usage of acne products I find that these practices contribute as well to having clearer skin. If you're interested about them then read on as I share some tips. After all, sharing is caring!

  • Wash hair often


Hair becomes dirty when we are exposed to outside elements like pollution. Since hair frequently comes in contact with our face it is important to have clean hair. I personally wash mine every other day but if I skipped the day  that I'm supposed to wash it, I wear my hair in a ponytail or a loose bun to keep my hair off my face and make sure to just wash it the day after.


  • Change pillowcases often


Of course our pillowcases get dirty too and it's not a good thing since germs/bacteria might start to form and cause us breakouts while we sleep. Before I wasn't really paying attention on how frequent I change pillowcases but I think it did my skin good when I started to change them often. I make it a point to change mine every month and I'm strict about that as I keep track of the date when I'm supposed to change it.  Also, I spritz alcohol on my pillows everynight just as an additional precaution.

  • Sanitize your phone


Our hands are good transmitters of bacteria. it's important to keep them clean through handwashing and use of alcohol.  Since we use our hands to hold our phones [frequently everyday for calling and texting], it's important for it to be sanitized as well.  I just  wipe mine everyday with antibacterial wipes [and I just make sure that my hands are clean too when I'm using it. 
Which brings me to the next tip


  • As much as possible avoid touching the face



I make it a conscious effort to avoid touching my face but if ever I do, I make sure my hands are clean. I bring either a  bottle of sanitizer or alcohol with me everywhere I go. We wouldn't want our hands to transmit bacteria to our face since bacteria can cause us pimples.

  • Avoid using too much face products



Using way too many products on the face can do more harm than good as it can irritate the face leading to more zits. I remember using two topical acne creams back then at the same time prior to discovering Benzac. Instead of clearing my existing pimples faster it made the situation worse as new pimples started to pop out.  Good thing I learned my lesson then and I started to take it easy. 


***Pictures taken from: planetgreen.com, thetextileicon.com, whoiscallingmenow.com, 123rf.com, and moodexpert.com***

No comments:

Post a Comment