June 27, 2011

A Little More Personal

I’d like to talk about my skin for a moment before I start to post product reviews. I am acne prone and it runs in the family. I had my worst breakouts when I was on my first year high school. That marked the start of my journey in finding the skincare products that would work on my face. I found some products that worked for me (for sometime) and I had tried products that made my skin condition worse. I had also sought the help of a dermatologist for over 6 years because I have more skin problems other than acne (it’s pretty clear I didn’t hit the genetic jackpot right there HAHA). Eventually, I broke out less during college but I still get a pimple or two from time to time.  Aside from acne, my face seems to be a little erratic as sometimes it can be overly oily and sometimes overly dry to the point of flaking. You’d think that my skin woes would stop there didn’t you? Well I still have one more skin concern and that is eczema (again, which runs in the family). I had bouts with itchy, scaly skin which left me with some dark marks which I’m still trying to deal with up until now. In dealing with eczema, I had to refrain from eating certain foods and from using certain products. I have to use products which are fragrance-free and that was totally boring for me. Heavily fragranced lotions and shower gels were a no-no. Although I cheat from time to time and use my mom’s Victoria’s Secret Lotions.

How about you, what are your skin woes?

2 comments:

  1. try taking myra 400 e and use bb creams.. eversince I started using those my skin had become better than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the advice :) unfortunately one of the things that break me out is vitamin e. Luckily I found a product that works for me and that is Benzac.

    I love bb creams. I use the face shop hd perfect one and will do a review on that soon. How about you, what bb cream do you use?

    ReplyDelete