June 28, 2011

Benzac AC Gel Wash 5%

(I know the picture is fugly but I had been using this tube for about four months and that's why some of the prints on the tube are gone. I need to buy a new one since I'm running out. )


Ever since high school, I have experienced terrible breakouts. I religiously used Neutrogena Acne-prone soap for my entire high school years and that really helped in clearing my skin but somehow after using it for so many years, it stopped working on me. Thus, I needed to find another product that I could use to keep pimples at bay. I tried a lot of products that worked for a short period of time or that made my acne worse. Until one day on a random trip to Mercury Drug, I found out about Benzac AC Gel. I did a little research on the product first before buying as it is a little bit pricey (for me at least). Benzac AC Gel is basically benzoyl peroxide that comes in 2%, 5%, and 10% concentration. So finally I decided to purchase one. Did I regret buying the product? A big fat NO! I love this product. I have consumed a lot of tubes for the past years and I would definitely be repurchasing for as long as it keeps working on me. It kept my face from breaking out. The gel’s consistency is thick and can be easily spread on the face. It doesn’t dry my skin but I still use a moisturizer though and I recommend everyone to use a moisturizer for their respective skin type. Oh and a moisturizer with SPF is a must.


Anyway going back to the product itself.


Benzac AC Gel is gentle and doesn’t sting when applied on the face. I use this twice on a daily basis as this is my primary face cleanser. However, unlike any other regular facial cleansers, this one doesn’t lather. I would have liked it to lather as it felt weird to me. It’s as if I am only applying cream on my face but I really don’t have any big issue with that since it is effective on me.

What I don’t like about this product is the pricing. Every time I would repurchase, the price keep on increasing so I have to pay more than the cost of the last tube that I finished.  

 It also comes with the Benzac AC Keratolytic Gel which is basically a topical cream applied on the pimples which I will be reviewing in my next post. 

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Acne is a BIG Problem that crosses the borders of age, gender, race and social status. Benzac AC is a topical water-based gel wiyh its active ingredient benzoyl peroxide perfect for the treatment of acne. Benzac AC aparts from its acne-treatment counterparts is that it does not contain alcohol and it is fragrance free. Read more at:
      http://kidbuxblog.com/hard-on-acne-soft-on-skin/

      Delete
  2. Yes it definitely is. Have you used Benzac before? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dermatologist recommend this to me i just want to ask if u apply it after the moisturizer of before putting a moisturizer? looking forward to ur response tnx !

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you use it as a facial cleanser?!!! But usually this is applied topically after using a facial cleanser, then apply a moisturizer after letting the benzac dry for 10 mins or so...

    did your pimples dried out? what about your red spots (if there was any :P)

    nice post btw.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks sharing! Benzac AC Gel is a topical water-based gel wiyh its active ingredient benzoyl peroxide perfect for the treatment of acne. It is available in benzoyl peroxide strengths of 2.5, 5 and 10 per cent to suit the condition and sensitivity of your skin.May see a review at:
    http://kidbuxblog.com/hard-on-acne-soft-on-skin/

    ReplyDelete